Saturday, April 12, 2008

Proud Mama


The other day was one of those proud days that I, as a mother, have been waiting for. Lanie and Jude were digging in my mom's back yard and found a worm. Lanie, screamed out that they had

found one and then had Jude pick it up to come and show us. She herself didn't want to pick it up so every time Jude dropped it she would point out where it fell and he would pick it back up. Proud mommy? Yes! As he got closer to my mom and sister he dropped it and my they started their high-pitch girl noises. Well, Jude thought that this was hilarious so he picked it up and threw it at mom which landed on her leg. She screamed and flicked it off of her. Then she was trying to tell Jude to pick it up again to put it in the bushes. Thank goodness he doesn't have listening right away down because he picked it up again and threw it causing more screams and laughter. Proud mommy - indeed! Finally my mom picked it up and they brought the lizard to put him in the bushes. Really, hasn't he suffered enough already? The kids all followed and watched as the wormed acclimated to his new surroundings. Then Lani yelled, "A lizard is eating the worm." And thus, the circle of life.

Where was I during all of this? Trying to take pictures. This is all that I got though. The worm is in his right hand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! You guys a great. I would have screamed like crazy:) (Your poor mother! Oh, and tell her I say hi!)